I have had a lot of bridesmaids/groomsmen ask what their responsibilities are for weddings. So here is a general breakdown of what to expect when you are asked to be in the bridal party:
- Pay for attire & accessories
- Arrange & pay for transportation and accommodations
- Be timely and communicate regarding your travel plans and your attire
- Arrive on time to wedding activities, rehearsal, wedding, etc.
- Give a gift to the couple or contribute to a group gift with the bridal party
- Help the couple with any and all things they may need
- Be courteous to guests and bridal party
Keep in mind the average cost of saying “yes” to standing up with the couple is $1,500.00. Stay tuned for the upcoming posts with specific details for each role & keep the questions coming!